Each stone has its unique characteristics and advantages that make it ideal for different applications. We’ll provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision on the best stone tiles for your walls.
Discover the perfect stone tiles to elevate your space with this comprehensive guide.
Things You Should Remember Before Selecting A Stone Tile
It is recommended to select a tile according to the space you are using it for and its properties, along with some factors that include:
1. Current Wall Trend
Look for the current wall trends in the market. Most people prefer to go with trends and be a part of them. So browse the internet about the current trend and go for the option you like most. It is the easiest way to choose one for your space.
2. Select the Size
Size plays a vital role in the selection of wall tiles. First, you need to look for the space area where you are going to use the tiles. It is also said that the large tiles make a room look bigger. So if you have a smaller room, then you can use large-sized tiles to make it look spacious, and vice versa.
3. Choose The Finish
Along with design and size, the finish also plays a vital role while choosing the tile for your wall. Glossy tiles are considered great for walls, while tiles with a stone finish are a good choice for exteriors.
4. The Right Color
The color of your wall tile will be your personal choice. You can either choose subtle colors like white to provide a peaceful look or a black and dark color wall tile to provide a bold look to your space. Or you can match the color of your wall tiles with the other things at your place.
5. Water Absorption
Water absorption is a major issue that you must take care of before choosing one tile for your wall. as the water absorption rate is linked to the durability of the tile. Majorly if you are looking for wall tiles to use in moist areas such as a bathroom or shower areas.
Type Of Wall Tiles Available In The Market
There are a number of wall tiles you can find in the market, which include:
Vitrified tile is a type of ceramic tile made by pressing a mixture of silica, clay, feldspar, and quartz. Vitrified tiles are non-porous and hard, making them the perfect choice for use in both indoor and outdoor areas.
Uses of Vitrified Tiles
- Commercial Space
- Residential Space
- Living room
- Terrace space
Advantages of Vitrified Tiles
- Hard: Vitrified tile is hard and a homogeneous product, and it is considered very strong to use.
- Resistant: Vitrified tiles are resistant to stains and scratches.
- Installation: Vitrified tiles are easy to install and lay and can be maintained well without doing much.
- Uses: They can be used for both indoor and outdoor areas and come in a variety of designs, colors, and textures
Disadvantages of Vitrified Tiles
- Installation: A professional expert is required to install the vitrified tiles at any place, which might increase the cost of installation but it is a one-time investment.
- Repair: It is quite difficult to repair any broken piece.
Porcelain tiles are a type of ceramic tile made from fine clay and baked at high temperatures, which makes them a tough solution. They are an ideal choice to use in any wall area.
Uses of Porcelain Tiles
- Living Room
Advantages of Porcelain Tiles
- Durability: Porcelain tiles are one of the most durable tiles, and if maintained well, they can last for more than 50 years.
- Resistant: Porcelain tiles are highly resistant to water, which makes them great for use in moist areas such as bathrooms and kitchens.
- Maintenance: Porcelain tiles look great, they’re tough, and they are simple to maintain.
- Design Options: Porcelain tiles come with a number of design and color options to choose from.
Disadvantages of Porcelain Tiles
- Heavy: Porcelain tiles are quite heavy to handle and need professionals to work on them.
- Installation: Porcelain tiles are difficult to install and consume more time while installing.
Mosaic is one of the oldest wall decorating arts that uses small pieces of tile to create a unique design. Since ancient times, mosaic tile has been a preferred choice to decorate walls.
Uses of Mosaic Tiles
- Living Room
- Shower area
Advantages of Mosaic Tiles
- Eco-Friendly: Some of the mosaic tiles, such as marble, jade, and shell, are made from natural materials without adding harmful minerals.
- Durable: Mosaic tiles are durable by nature and can easily withstand any harsh weather conditions too.
- Add Style: Mosaic tiles are a great way to add style to your walls; you can create any design using them.
Disadvantages of Mosaic Tiles
- Fragile: Mosaic tiles are fragile and, hence, can be broken easily if placed on floors.
- Installation: Mosaic tiles require expert installation because of their delicacy.
Marble is a metamorphic rock and a hard stone that has been in use for a long time in both residential and commercial spaces.
Uses of Marble Tiles
- Living Room
- Shower Walls
- Kitchen Backsplashes
Advantages of Marble Tiles
- Appearance: Marble is a natural stone that has a unique appearance. You will not find the two marble pieces the same.
- Range: Marble comes in a wide range of colors and shades, including solid and multi-colored patterns.
- Glassy Effect: Marble has a glassy effect. When it comes into contact with light.
Disadvantages of Marble Tiles
- Scratching: Marble tiles can be easily damaged if not maintained properly and are prone to scratches.
- Installation: Marble is prone to damage, which makes it essential to be handled by professionals.
- Soft: Marble is both a soft and a hard stone and needs to be sealed to avoid any damage.
Limestone is composed of aragonite and calcite and is a type of carbonate sedimentary rock. It is one of the excellent materials used for the decoration of walls.
Uses of Limestone Tiles
- Kitchen Backsplash
- Bathroom Walls
- Living Area
- Office Space
- Outdoor Area
Advantages of Limestone Tiles
- Cost: Limestone is not an expensive material, and its installation also doesn’t cost more.
- Aesthetics: Limestones are an ideal choice to provide your walls with a rustic appearance and aesthetic feel.
- Safe: Limestone is a fire- and heat-resistant material, which makes it safe to use in indoor areas.
- Flexible: Because limestone is a flexible stone and easy to cut, you can customize it in any way based on your personal needs.
Disadvantages of limestone tiles
- Weight: Limestone is a heavy stone, and thus it requires a professional to handle the installation process.
- Maintenance: Limestone requires daily maintenance.
- Soft: Limestone requires sealing as it is a soft stone and can be damaged easily.
Using tiles on walls is a great way to enhance and decorate your walls. Look for your project requirements and choose the best option that better suits your needs. And if you are looking for the best stone supplier for your project, then MPG Stone is a must for you.
We are one of the leading stone tile manufacturers and suppliers in the world. We offer a wide range of stone products that vary in sizes, colors, and textures. You can explore our product range.
Tell us which type and color of tile you are going to use for your space.
Comment down below.